Wednesday, June 11, 2014

summer days and surprises

So it was suuuuuper hot yesterday (like over 100 degress fahrenheit-hot) and then this morning I woke up to a cool wind whistling through my window! I am definitely glad, and I might even go outside today (what?!).
In an I-am-happy-because-I-am-not-sweating mood, I was attempting to clean out my closet, when I found a small green bucket labeled "projects fund." I immediately texted my friend Colleen to spaz about our childhood projects, including the jello pyramid we had planned out all the way to the dimensions of each layer, and all the other possibilities we had created by starting this project fund. The funny thing is we never used the money, because we always found other stuff to do and were too busy messing around, pretending to be old people, with the barbie camcorder I had (until I upgraded to a small digital camera). We were weirdos, just to put that out there. :)
Not only was I surprised to find this "large" sum of money (27 bucks was a LOT to a 7th grade me), but later on when I was flipping my book I have been reading (Cloud Atlas, I really love the movie, so I figured the book must be even more impressive), I found a pressed flower I had placed there a few weeks ago! Sometimes it's good to have a bad memory. :)
"wildflowers"
a day without surprises is not as good as a day with surprises (but don't hold me to that)
-alyssa 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment